The PBI’s Posts
Eight Key Issues for a Post-2015 Global Development and Sustainability Agenda: An Appeal to the German Government
The Association of German Development NGOs (VENRO) and the German Development Forum on Environment and Development have published a summary Position Paper 1/2014 in the much-debated lead up to the replacement of the Millennium Development Goals by the Sustainable Development Goals in 2015. The Paper aims to urge the German Government to focus its influence on the following eight areas (not intended to be exclusive):
1) Eradicate extreme poverty and overcome inequality
2) Justice and a decent life for all
3) Safeguard functioning ecosystems and the sustainable use of natural resources
4) Food sovereignty and the eradication of hunger
5) Include responsible governance and global governance
6) Peace and security
7) Sustainable economic practices
8) Fair implementation – ensure sufficient development and sustainability financing and create innovative financing
Click here to read the whole article…
New Report: Proposals for Governance in the Field of Geoengineering
The Ecologic Institute has recently released the findings of its research into effective international governance of geoengineering, as commissioned by the German Federal Environment Agency.
This Report is another indicator of the current interest in using international governance as a means of addressing present and impending environmental issues. The PBI are currently developing a project to explore and advocate for change in international governance of the global commons, which will have current scientific developments in climate science at its foundation.